Our Developmental Kindergarten (DK) classroom is designed to help your child make significant developmental gains, communicate more successfully, and work well both independently and in group situations.
Your child’s teacher creates activities and lesson plans customized to the children in their classroom, driven by the needs and abilities of those students. Building on Preschool learning, DK learning focuses on problem-solving, responsive listening and language usage, as well as social and collaborative skills, with lessons in:
- Reading (matching letters to sounds, recognizing familiar words)
- Writing (using letters and other symbols to create written messages)
- Math (simple addition and subtraction, sorting and classifying objects)
- Social skills (respecting others and working together)
- Physical skills with complex or combined movements (jumping rope, climbing)